|Posted on July 22, 2015 at 7:45 PM|
TEN SPECIFIC PRAYERS FOR REVIVAL AND SPIRITUAL AWAKENING!!
(Copied by permission from A Powerful Prayer Life by Gregory Frizzell)
1. Ask God to bring deep conviction of sin, spiritual brokenness, a holy fear of God and genuine repentance among His people.
There will be no revival without these elements and only God can produce them in His people. After all we cannot program or work up genuine brokenness and repentance. (2 Corinthians 7:10)
2. Pray for deep cleansing, genuine repentance, and spiritual power to engulf pastors and Christian leaders.
Revival and spiritual awakening are extremely unlikely without a mighty move of God in pastors and Christian leaders. Renewed pastors are absolutely crucial to a move of God in our day! (Ephesians 6:14-20)
3. Pray for God to bestow spiritual hunger in His people and draw them to fervent intercession.
God has to grant people the genuine faith and the fervent desire for prayer. With all our promotion and programming, we cannot “produce a genuine prayer movement. (Philippians
4. Pray that God will bring loving unity in our churches and a deep harmony between our churches.
Many churches need healing among members and many churches need to stop competing jealously with other churches. (John 13:35)
5. Pray for God to fill His people with a passion to see people saved.
(Only God can give a genuine burden for souls.) Until God’s people intensely pray for the lost and do aggressive soul winning revival will tarry. Be sure you are constantly praying for many lost people by name. (Romans 9:1-3)
6. Pray for God to give His people a passion for missions and starting churches.
Great revivals produce an explosion of mission projects, new ministries and new church starts. Only God can grant a genuine passion for missions. (Matthew 28:19)
7. Pray that God will call thousands into ministry, missions and Christian service.
Many churches are dying for lack of soul winners, teachers and church workers. Furthermore, we can start only as many churches as we have church planters to start them. (Matthew 9:37)
8. Pray that God will pour out His Spirit like a mighty purifying flood.
Ask God to purify our “motives as we pray for revival. After all it is possible to pray for revival for selfish or ambitious reasons. Our motives must be solely for: (a) the glory of God, and (b) the increase of the kingdom of God. We must not pray for revival just to solve our own problems or make our church successful in the eyes of men. (James 4:2)
9. Pray for a mighty move of conviction and salvation upon communities of cultural influence.
Some key examples are Hollywood actors and producers, government officials, educators, teachers, and college professors, news and media people, talk shows hosts, comedians, homosexual activists groups, and the music industry. (1 Timothy 2:1-2) Provide specific lists for your congregation.
10. Specifically pray for God to pour out His Spirit in a fashion even greater than He did in
America in 1858 and Wales in 1904. (Ten percent of Wales’ population was saved in five months!) Ask God for a modern day of Pentecost in the United States and Canada. (Mark 11:22- 24; John 14:13-14.)