Prayers that Birth Revival
2 Chronicles 7:14
“If My People . . .”
“. . . will humble themselves . . .”
1. Pray that we as Christians will bow before the Lord each day, so that we may receive His grace daily to live as we should (Jas. 4:6-10).
2. Pray that all those who have a personal relationship with the Lord will walk in a spirit of humility, as Jesus walked, and live in recognition that pride leads to destruction and humility precedes honor (Mic. 6:8; Prov. 18:12).
3. Pray that Christian husbands and wives will be humble in spirit, in order that their prayers may be answered (1 Pet. 3:7-15).
4. Pray that young Christians will be clothed with humility, respecting their elders, lifting all their concerns to God, and trusting God to exalt them at the proper time (1 Pet. 5:5-10).
5. Pray that times of crisis would be tangible reminders of “what we deserve” apart from the mercy of God (1 Pet. 3:13-17; Titus 3:1-9; Ps. 40:1-3; 68:19-20; 103:1-5; Ro. 6:23).
6. Pray that God’s people would assume responsibility for the moral and spiritual erosion of our nation and our world (Ezra 9:6; Ps. 51:16-17).
“. . . and pray . . .”
7. Pray that God’s people would unite in praying for all who are in authority, that we may lead quiet and peaceful lives in godliness and holiness (1 Tim. 2:1-4).
8. Pray that Christians will seek God before getting physically involved in His work for the day (Mt. 6:6-8, 33; Ps. 32:6).
9. Pray that urgency and fervency would characterize our prayers (Is. 64:9).
10. Pray that our first response as Christians will be to pray when we become anxious about any circumstance (Mt. 6:25-32; Phil. 4:6-7; Jer. 33:3).
11. Pray that God would raise up an army of prayer warriors who are willing to persevere in prayer and wage war on their knees (Lk. 18:1-8).
12. Pray for a spirit of prayer to spread like a wildfire across our land and world until every church becomes a house of prayer (Phil. 4:6-7; Lk. 18:1; Mt. 21:13).
By Life Action Ministries
Pray that adult Christians will set a pattern of seeking the Lord in all things, so that younger generations may find their strength and hope in the Lord (Ps. 27; Ps. 91; Acts 17:26-27).
14. Pray that God would increase our belief in His ability to intervene supernaturally and do the impossible. Pray for a desire to fast as we seek the face of God (Heb. 11:6; Mk. 9:23; Jas. 5:16-18; Is. 58:6-12).
15. Pray that we would not trust in military strength, financial might, or political power to solve our difficulties. Pray that the Scriptures would guide all decision-making (Zech. 4:6; Is. 55:8-9, 48:17; Jer. 9:23-24; Ps. 147:10-11; Prov. 21:30-31).
16. Pray that God’s people would not be self-sufficient. May we see our dire need for help from God and others (Jn. 15:5; 2 Cor. 3:5; Neh. 6:16; Jer. 2:31-32).
17. Pray that God’s people would lay aside their differences, and unite behind the desperate need for an outpouring of God’s Spirit in revival (Ps. 133:1-3; Eph. 4:1-6).
18. Pray that a healthy fear of God would permeate our hearts and minds. Ask God to deliver us from the fear of man (Prov. 1:7, 9:10, 29:25).
“. . . and turn from their wicked ways . . .”
19. Pray that Christians will meditate daily on the Word of God, allowing God to conform them to the image of Christ
(Ps. 119:9-11; 1 Pet. 1:13-2:3; Rom. 8:29; Phil. 1:6; 2 Cor. 7:1).
20. Pray that God’s people will honestly acknowledge their sins, seek God’s forgiveness, and expose all sin appropriately (Ro. 2:1-2; Gal. 6:1).
21. Pray that believers will accept accountability from godly people (Jas. 5:16).
22. Pray that genuine repentance would characterize our response to sin and that the lordship of Jesus Christ would rule our lives (2 Cor. 7:9-10; Mt. 7:21).
“. . . then I will hear from heaven . . .”
23. Praise God that His hand is not too short to save. Claim the promise that the Lord draws near to all those who call upon Him in truth (Is. 59:1; Ps. 145:18).
“. . . and will forgive their sin . . .”
24. Thank the Lord for His promise to extend mercy to those who “confess and forsake their sin” and that He is faithful and just to forgive sin and cleanse us from all unrighteousness (Prov. 28:13; 1 Jn. 1:9).
“. . . and will heal their land.”
25. Praise the Lord that He promises to heal those who have fallen away, and bind up the wounds of the torn and bruised, and restore the years the locusts have eaten (Jer. 3:22; Hos. 6:1; Joel 2:25).
Excerpted from Pray! magazine, issue 34 © 2.002 by Life Action Ministries Used by permission of Life Action Ministries